Saturday 18 July 2009

LLLT on chronic arthritis and the side effects of medication

Here's an intersting case study on the long term effects of LLLT on an elderly patient. This woman is my mother. Her debilitating condition was too severe for her to make the journey to Daventry to be treated by Gordon Farmer, (see previous blog). It was the need to improve her quality of life which has driven me to research, understand and practise cold laser therapy.

Mrs C, aged 87, has chronic arthritis in her shoulders, hands, hips, knees and ankles. When I first started to treat her almost 12 months ago she was suffering from oedema in her legs and ankles, breathlessness, abdominal pains, acid reflux, constipation, numbness in her fingers and feet, carpal tunnel syndrome, mild depression and pernicious anaemia. Many of her ailments were a result of side effects from her drug regime.

Low level laser treatment administered on a regular basis has resulted in a very significant reduction in oedema, all feeling returned to her feet, no abdominal pain or acid reflux, improved mobility, reduced pain, no constipation and generally a great improvement in her mental state and her quality of life. She has ceased many of her medications including warfarin, statins, Losartan for HBP and breathlessness, steroidal inhalers, anti-emetic meds, omeprazole and allopurinol for gout. Her weight has also reduced by over 30lbs, much of which is attributable to the reduction in water retention.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    I'm interested in your ttt of arthritis in elderly patients (my mother is similar to yours). I use Dr Nick Wise's Cranial Laser treatment protocols, and while I do get some good results, I would be interested to know how you get such good results ion your mother. What equipment do you use and what points do you laser? Do you use directly on the symptomatic areas or use meridian lines or what? Intrigued. Regards
    Ian Harvey, osteopath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian
    As I don't have your email address please contact me through info@ukitl.com and I can take you through the details of my protocols for arthritis. Christine

    ReplyDelete